Header image  
SINCE 1919  
line decor
  HOME  ::  
line decor
   
 
The History of Bloomington Garden Center

Pedersons

In the year 1919…
The Kidder family purchased the land at what is now 9407 Cedar Avenue South in Bloomington, Minnesota. They started the Kidder Nursery growing perennials, annuals, cut flowers, water plants and goldfish.

In 1959…
Brad and Bev Pederson purchased the nursery from Merle Kidder. They continued the business and raised a family of two boys, Eric and Dan, on the premises.

In 1986…
Brad and Bev changed the name of the business to Bloomington Garden Center and Landscape Co. The business continued to grow and flourish.

In 1995…
Eric Pederson and his wife Barb took official positions within the business and moved onto the property with their two sons, Alex and Sam.

In 2002…
Brad Pederson was inducted into the Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association (MNLA) Hall of Fame.

Today…
Bloomington Garden Center is the oldest business in the city of Bloomington. They have a wide selection of flowers, plants, shrubs and trees, and also offer landscaping and design services. No goldfish.