Welcome to Bloomington Garden Center and Landscape Company. We’re a family-owned business that's firmly planted in Bloomington, Minnesota. In fact, we've been around since 1919. That was the year World War One ended. And the year women got the vote with the 19th Amendment to the Constitution. Today, we are the oldest business in the city of Bloomington.
We're Open for Business During Bridge Project
We're Selling our Own Honey!
We're open for business during the Cedar Avenue bridge project! If you have questions about what's going on, here are a couple of links to check out:
• For the area road, trail and other improvements: Road/Trail
• For the Old Cedar Avenue Bridge: Bridge
This year we're selling our own honey from our own bees. Be(e) sure to check it out!
Plant an Extra Row for VEAP!
VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People) is the largest food shelf in the State of Minnesota and serves the communities of Richfield, Bloomington, Edina and parts of south Minneapolis. They're urging Bloomington gardeners to plant an extra row in their gardens for the local food shelf. What they need most are: beans, carrots, onions, peppers and tomatoes. Last year area gardeners donated more than 25,000 pounds of fresh quality fruit and vegetables. This year's goal is 30,000! To move VEAP toward that goal, Bloomington Garden Center will provide one free tomato plant and one free pepper plant to gardeners committed to growing produce for the food shelf. They will double it to four plants for those gardeners who also make a food donation to VEAP at the time of purchase. For more information visit www.veapvolunteers.org/events/community-gardens
Made in Bloomington: Bloomington Garden Center
The "Made in Bloomington" TV series featured Bloomington Garden Center. Take a look!
Ready for Spring?
At Bloomington Garden Center, we’re always ready for spring. Even when there’s snow on the ground and the temperature drops below zero. If you're ready, so are we. Stop on by!
We have just what you need to get growing, including:
- 9 different Coleus
- Calibrachoa - Celebration Candy Bouquet - Million Bell Bouquet Yellow, Purple Pink Papaya and Sunset
Lobularia White, Lavender and Raspberry Stream
- Bidens Beedance and Popstar
- Plenty of Petunias - Summer Double Salmon, Double White & Double Rose, Crazytunia Blackberry Cheesecake and Cherry Cheesecake, Lucky Lilac, Pink Frills, Razzmatazz, Swiss Dancer, Perfectunia Fruit Punch, Night Sky, Indian Summer, Mandeville, Black, Salmon, Sunshine, Heavenly Blue
- Verbena - Hurricane Hot Pink, Purple Blue and Pink Ballet
- Tomatoes and Peppers (Sweet & Hot Varieties)
- Daylillies, Black-eyed Susans, Daisies
- Zinnias, Marigolds, Geraniums, Vincas
- Specialty annuals to fill your decorative pots
- Hanging baskets and Pretty Pots
And remember: any time is a good time to think about landscaping and planting trees!
Our Facebook page has photos of all the pretty plants. Take a look!
Everything You Need (Sort Of)
Along with annuals and perennials, we have a wide selection of plants, shrubs and trees. We also offer custom landscaping and design services—and expert advice. In fact, pretty much everything you need to survive except for food, shelter, clothing and TV. But we can help with those, too. Come visit us today!